It isn’t a big secret that I love to travel and would like to do it as often as possible. My priority is always given to sunny and warm places, – that is why a group of friends and I went to explore Barcelona and Basque country this June.
Those 10 days were a total delight! We saw many fantastic things and experienced many unexpected surprises. The biggest discovery was the Basque country itself. I absolutely fell in love with it because of its spectacularly beautiful greenery, diverse scenery and the food, – sooooooooo delicious! So I would like to give a few suggestions and highlight some of the most vivid episodes of our journey:
– participate in a wine battle in Haro,
– take one of the world’s most beautiful hikes from Zumaia to Deba,
– try champignon tapas in Logroño,
– got to wine tour and taste wines from Rioha,
– visit a charming city San Sebastian (btw it is European Capital of Culture 2016),
– eat breakfast in the Satan’s coffee corner in Barcelona,
– and just grab your buddies and go to Spain
A huge thanks goes to my friends and Ilze who are the best travel mates, – traveling without you would be the same as a river flowing without water!